Elmont NY Homeowners Insurance
One Simple Form Gets You The Best Quotes In Minutes!
Get 10 Quotes from Top-Rated Insurance Companies
Elmont NY Home Insurance Rates
NY Homeowner’s Policy
Looking for the most affordable homeowners insurance quote in Elmont NY? Our team of specialists are here to help you find the best rate. You will receive up to 10 Free Quotes along with our professional recommendation on which company will offer you the best value.
Our process is easy. You pick the coverage and endorsements that are important to you, and we find the company that delivers those coverages at the best price. Fill out the form by clicking the Get a Quote button or give us a call to speak with one of our Elmont insurance experts.
Elmont NY Homeowners Insurance Policy Options:
1. Coverage A – Primary structure – Commonly referred to as “dwelling”—This is simply your house.
2. Coverage B – Other Structures -Sheds, garages, and other unattached structures are covered with this premium. This is equal to 10% or less the value of coverage A.
3. Coverage C – Personal Property – This covers personal belongings like furniture or electronic items. This is up to 50% of coverage A, and some insurers allow you to cover for replacement cost. You can also choose other coverage for silverware, firearms, and other personal items in your home.
4. Coverage D – Loss of Use – This is valued at up to 20% of coverage A, where you will receive compensation for hotel, motel, dining, and other expenses, in the event you can’t stay in your home for a period of time due to damage.
5. Coverage E – Liability – If your dog bites a visitor in your home and a lawsuit is pending, this insurance covers you. Basically it protects you from personal liability for these and other possible issues which arise on your property.
6. Coverage F – Medical Payments – This covers medical expenses for coverage E injuries regardless of which party is at fault.
GET RATES FROM OUR TOP INSURANCE EXPERTS
Insured policy options:
“All risk” and “Named Perils” are the two options of coverage you can choose from when it comes to a homeowner’s insurance policy. With named perils, you are covering the specific perils that are named within the policy, for example- wind, fire, theft, etc. All-risk coverage will simply cover you for everything except for those perils that are specifically excluded, for example- flood, nuclear, war, etc.
With this coverage you have five types of policy options, which are:
A) HO1 – This is basic coverage protecting 11 named perils which include: lighting/electric, mischief, civil unrest, explosions, etc.
B) HO2 – This protects HO1, plus 7 additional named perils including: falling items, bursting steam/water, leaking, freezing pipes, etc.
C) HO3 – This protects HO1 and HO2, plus named contents in your home. This is typically the most chosen policy protection option for homeowners.
D) HO3 with HO15 – Covers your home and personal property plus unnamed items in the above coverage options. It is the broadest of all protection options.
E) HO8 – This is a modified policy which covers architectural homes, preserved homes, and is typically geared towards older homes in need of additional structural protection on them.
Other coverage options –
HO6 – This condo protection policy covers items not protected under your HOA. Floors, ceiling covers, and accessories. It protects additional coverage for medical protection, loss of land use, and other personal loss.
HO4 – Renter’s coverage protects the home for items not covered in HO2 and covers for additional living expenses if required depending on the level of damage to the home.
Optional Coverage Options
You can buy additional protection to cover personal endorsements in your homeowner’s policy. These endorsements include:
- Guaranteed dwelling which covers your home’s market value.
- Guaranteed contents covers items in the home, minus depreciation value over time.
- Other structural endorsements cover larger structures like a gazebo or detached structures.
- Sewer and drain covers from leaks, or burst pipes not covered above.
- Scheduled personal endorsements covers items like jewelry, collections, firearms, etc.
- Blanket endorsement covers scheduled personal endorsements like an umbrella coverage. No standard limits are in place for this coverage.
- Secondary residence applies to coverage for any secondary homes you own.
- Home daycare covers your home if it is used for this business purpose.
- Business pursuits covers your home if you operate a business out of it. Computers, electronics, and other items used in the line of business, are covered under this protection endorsement.
- Home business endorsement extends to businesses operated out of the home; this protection is only available for small businesses run out of the home.
- Personal injury covers you if you are sued for defamation , and similar lawsuits, it also extends to rental properties.
- Ordinance coverage protects your home under current codes which are in place.
- Watercraft endorsement covers vessels, boats, and small marine vessels you own.
- Theft coverage protects motor vehicles, vessels, trailers, or similar items, without forced entry.
- Credit card forgery protects for unauthorized use of stolen credit cards from the home.
- Flood insurance should be purchased if you live in a plain area. NFIP (national flood insurance protection) offers different coverage terms.
- Earthquake insurance is available with most insurers for damage stemming from earthquakes. Coverage levels and costs will vary typically based upon where you live and possibility of such occurrences in the area.
Discount options available:
Discounts up to 14% may be extended for new homes. Security systems like deadbolts, or monitoring systems may also provide discounts of 1 to 5% for homeowners. With sophisticated monitoring equipment, up to 20% discounts may also be extended to homeowners.
For those who combine their policies with the same insurer, discounts ranging from 5 to 15% are offered on certain premium coverage options purchased. Carrier longevity also provides a discount; depending on how long you’ve been with an insurer, your rates will go down over the years. Retired homeowners can also save on average up to 5% on their coverage premium with insurers. And, as a non smoker, there are certain carriers which do provide a discount of up to 5% on the homeowner and additional coverage options you purchase through them.
Shop for competitive rates on any type of insurance!
Related News on Homeowners Insurance
11 Methods To Effectively Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Costs
Based on the insurance company you’re going to purchase your policy from, the price you pay for your homeowners insurance policy can range quite a bit. Therefore, if you plan on getting one soon, but you don’t want to pay top dollar for it, here are some of the best ways you can get great coverage without breaking the bank. Read more>>>
How To Choose a Deductible for Your Homeowners Insurance
One crucial factor that directly influences whether people can make the most of their NY home insurance policy or not is the type of deductible they choose. Since each homeowners policy comes with a deductible, consumers should have the knowledge necessary to make an informed insurance purchase. To help make the best decision we’ve come up with the following guide. Read more>>>
7 Factors that Affect Your NY Home Insurance Premium
Have you ever asked yourself why insurance firms charge varying premiums to different people? There are a number of factors that they consider before making a decision on the final cost of your New York home insurance premium. Read more>>>
About Elmont, NY:
Elmont is located on the border of Queens County of New York City and Nassau County. Closest airports include:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (7 miles, New York, NY)
- LaGuardia Airport (13 miles, New York, NY)
- Sands Point Seaplane Base (public use, 10 miles (16 km), Port Washington, Long Island, NY)
The MTA Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) provides race-day-only passenger service to Belmont Park from Jamaica and Penn Station. Elmont is near the Floral Park, New Hyde Park and Valley Stream stations of the LIRR which provide regular commuter service to NYC. The Nassau Inter-County Express system serves Elmont with routes n1 (Elmont Road/Central Ave.), n2 (Meacham Ave./N Fletcher Ave.), n6 (Hempstead Turnpike) & n8 (Franklin Ave./Dutch Broadway/Hook Creek Blvd.) for connections to the LIRR & NYC subways and buses. Elmont is located at the junction of the Cross Island Parkway, Belt Parkway, and Southern State Parkway, providing quick access to the Long Island Parkway system. Elmont is about 7 miles (11 km) from the Long Island Expressway and 10 miles (16 km) from the Throgs Neck Bridge for travel upstate.