Progressive Insurance has always lived up to its name by being one step ahead of the insurance industry. They began in 1937 with the first drive-in claims office, became the first to introduce reduced rates for low-risk drivers, and then changed the insurance shopping experience by offering comparison rates on the Web. Coastal Insurance is proud to be an agent for Progressive Insurance.
- Helping Clients Since 1937
- Online Claims Reporting
- Competitive Homeowners Insurance Rates
- Mobile Home
- Business Auto Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Advertising Age honors Progressive as a new era marketer in its annual list of the world’s most influential and creative thinkers.
- SkillSoft honors our IT University with an Innovation in Learning Award at its 2012 SkillSoft Perspectives User Conference.
- Progressive’s commitment to delivering clear communications to our customers and co-workers earns us a Company Spotlight Award from the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Cleveland chapter.
- Our mobile app and advanced image capture feature—which uses a VIN or driver’s license to pre-fill a Progressive quote—earns us a Brand Innovators Award in the Mobile category.
- For the first time ever, Training Magazine recognizes Progressive’s training organization on its 2012 Training Top 125 list.
- Progressive’s on-site Health Services and fitness centers, fresh food options, Weight Watchers® at Work services and lactation rooms for new moms earn us a spot on Greatist.com’s list of The 44 Healthiest Companies to Work For.
- The Plain Dealer names Progressive to its Top Workplaces list in Northeast Ohio for the third year in a row. Thanks to employee nominations and surveys, Progressive ranks among the top 25 in the large company category.
- Progressive keeps its spot on The Tampa Bay Times “Top Workplaces” list, with the support of more than 800 employees who shared their thoughts on our leadership, workplace flexibility and culture.
- The Ethisphere Institute names Progressive to its list of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, based on our commitment to innovation, transparency and monthly financial reporting.
- The Colorado Springs Business Journal, working with the Colorado Springs Diversity Forum, names Progressive as a recipient of its Diversity and Inclusion Award: Steady and Strong (For Profit).
- Progressive earns a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (CEI) report, reflecting our ongoing efforts to make diversity and inclusion the norm in our work environment.
- Our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment earns us a spot on Diversity MBA Magazine’s top 50 list of the Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work.
On March 10, 1937, Joseph Lewis and Jack Green started Progressive Mutual Insurance Company. They wanted to provide vehicle owners with security and protection, and they thought an insurance company was a good investment for a couple of lawyers who were just getting started.
Since its beginning, Progressive has taken an innovative approach to auto insurance. We offered drive-in claims service before any other auto insurance company, and, in another industry first, we allowed customers to pay their premiums in installments — an appealing option for those who couldn’t afford annual payments. Progressive wanted — and still wants — to make auto insurance accessible and easy so more people could protect their vehicles.
By 1951, Progressive’s growth prompted a move to new offices in downtown Cleveland. In 1955, Jack Green became CEO after the death of Joe Lewis, and Peter Lewis, Joe’s son, began his career with Progressive. Peter immediately began looking for ways to distinguish the company from its competitors. In 1956, Progressive Casualty Company was formed to write auto insurance for high-risk drivers. Today, the company insures all types of drivers.
More growth and expansion in the 1960s brought about the formation of The Progressive Corporation. In 1965, Peter Lewis assumed the title of CEO, a position he held for 35 years until he turned the reins over to Glenn Renwick in 2000. Glenn then passed the leadership torch to Tricia Griffith, current CEO and President, in 2016.
Coastal Insurance is an Agent for Progressive